…Expresses Shock Over The Early Morning Fire
..Promises Support For Victims
Owan West Council Chairman, Hon. Frank Ilaboya, this morning visited the scene of fire incident that razed down the Council lock up stores along Afuze Road, Sabongidda-Ora.
A statement by the Chief Press Secretary, Hassan Otinau stated that the Chairman, who arrived the scene at exactly 6:59 am expressed shock at the level of destruction of goods and valuables.
The statement added that an eye witness, Mr. Amos Ayo, who is the President of NURTW, Sabongidda-Ora Central Motor Park, told the Council Chairman that he got a distressed call alerting him of the incident at about 5am and quickly mobilized his men to put out the fire.
On his part, James Okoli, one of the victims, whose provision stores was completely affected described the situation as unfortunate and heart breaking.
“All my investments are gone just like that! Where do I start from?
“After our usual sales yesterday, we closed the shop for the day’s business, only to see all we have laboured for razed down by fire,” he lamented.
While sympathizing with the victims, Hon. Ilaboya urged them to take heart and remain hopeful that all will be well again. He assured them of the council’s readiness to assist them to start afresh.
” Let me assure all those who lost their valuables that we will not abandon you at this trying period. We sincerely share in your pains, and we will do our best to support you to bounce back again.
“We are however grateful to God that no life was lost,” Hon Ilaboya added.
The early morning fire incident, which sympathizers suspect to be power outage, affected all the four locked up stores in the building located at Sabongidda-Ora roundabout.