The Hon. Minister of Budget and National Planning, Prince Clem Agba has reiterated Federal Government commitment at providing adequate healthcare facilities across the country.
The Minister stated this during a tour of University of Benin Teaching Hospital recently.
The Minister said in an update on Twitter:
In continuation of my monitoring and evaluation tour, I visited the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (@ubthng), on Tuesday, and met with the Chief Medical Officer, Prof Darlington Obaseki (@DObaseki), and members of his team.
(1) The hospital is one of the 52 healthcare facilities being upgraded with the COVID-19 intervention funds approved by His Excellency, President @MBuhari, GCFR.
(2) At the end of the inspection tour, I expressed my satisfaction with the quality of work done and made a commitment to facilitate release of the remaining 50% of the intervention funds to complete ongoing projects in the hospital.
(3) To improve citizens’ participation in the monitoring and evaluation process, I highlighted our ongoing efforts at developing a web app, which would be used by Nigerians to appraise projects by MDAs.
(4) Thereafter, I visited the Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital, Uselu, where I was received by the Medical Director, Dr Imafidon Osama Agbonile.
(5) I undertook a tour of the hospital facilities to inspect recently acquired equipment and assess the progress of ongoing works.
(6) While speaking to journalists after the assessment, I reaffirmed @NigeriaGov’s commitment to strengthening the capacity of health infrastructure across the country and building resilience infrastructure.Get a premium automobile insurance coverage for your vehicle for as low as #15000 only and claim up to #3,000,000 in damages @Zenith Insurance To signup: WhatsApp/Call: +2349028313757